11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
- We are meeting with an investigator named Amy who is in a wheelchair, but we are already making plans to help her come to church, and she is so excited for that!
- An investigator named Andrew told us he was mad at God for sending His son to die. We told him that Jesus did it of His own free will and that seemed to soften him up a little. He still wasn’t willing to pray, but I sure hope he does! It was honestly a testimony builder to me of Jesus Christ!
- We raked some leaves for a former investigator. She was so nice, and would probably join the church if it wasn’t for her being rooted in her Baptist faith. We asked if she would be open to someone doing temple work for her, and she was! She really liked the idea of still being married to her husband in heaven which her church doesn’t believe.
- One day, we were visiting an older sister in the ward, and I felt prompted to knock a few doors afterwards. It didn’t lead to much, but after we knocked one door, we heard someone yelling out in pain, and someone else yelling. We didn’t comprehend it at first, but then we immediately biked over there as fast as we could. It turned out an older man had been lifting a heavy box of decorations, but because of health problems, he fell over and his head hit the concrete. He was on blood thinners so he was bleeding pretty badly. Thankfully, his neighbor got there before us and was applying pressure to the wound. I called 911, and Elder Allen gave him a priesthood blessing. He started saying he wanted to go to sleep, and went in and out of consciousness. His wife arrived right in the middle of this, and Elder Allen gave her a hug and we offered words of comfort. The ambulance came and took him, and we asked if we could come back in a few days to see how he was doing. When we came back, they were so happy to see us! He is at home, and he is doing ok! She offered to have us back over for “tea”! We are excited to go back and teach them the gospel!
- On friday, we had an exchange with our zone leader who had served nearby before. He recognized the house of an investigator which he met on a previous exchange almost a year ago, and we knew nothing about it. We knocked the door and met Simone! She remembered Elder Davis right away and was so excited to see us! She actually offered to have us over for dinner sometime! She told me to tell my mom, that she will take good care of us! She said, she couldn’t do it if she was you! Don’t worry mom! I’m doing alright!
- Again, on friday, we were biking down S. Rosemont, and came up behind a young woman walking down the street. She turned around and saw us and immediately started crying! Literally, the first thing she said was, “I’ve been looking for you!” I am not joking! This really happened! We asked what was wrong and she told us she has been wanting to come to our church! I mean, are you kidding! Of course we wanted to help her come to church! Then she told us, she was really upset because she lost her dog, Jackson. We said a prayer with her, got her number and started looking for the dog. We ended up sticking with our planned activities, but we literally asked everyone we passed if they had seen a lost dog. We didn’t find it, but we called the next day and found out that her friend had found the dog shortly after we prayed! She came to church to the YSA ward! It was pretty awesome! Apparently, she was baptized around 2012, but has been inactive since, and her friend convinced her to come back to church. I think she saw us as an answer to her prayers, so I was just glad we could be there!
- On Saturday, we met a man named Jamar just sitting on the sidewalk right after I had prayed to find someone to teach. He started talking about his ideas about God, and we listened very intently. A lot of it was in line with the restored gospel, so we responded by giving him a Book of Mormon. He opened it right up to Mosiah 5:15. We told him how the ordinances on the temple open the path to salvation. It was a surreal meeting. We have his phone number to follow up. We told him how the ordinances on the temple open the path to salvation. It was a surreal meeting. We have his phone number to follow up.