Whew! This has been a busy week! As I said before I am training now! Now for the big reveal! My companion’s name is Elder Tanner Allen! He is awesome!
This area is the smallest I’ve worked in yet, but also probably the most populated! There is one apartment complex we’ve biked by which we call “the great and spacious apartment complex.” Oh, by the way, we are on full bikes! Also, the ward here is amazing! Our ward mission leader was ready to welcome us and get us familiar with the area as soon as we got here! We have been meeting with as many members as possible to set a good impression and get them excited to look for people to share the gospel with!
I won’t lie, it has been a challenge to open up a new area. We don’t know anyone here, so we are just slowly chipping away at our area book.
I am so grateful to be companions with Elder Allen! Here are some details about him:
- He is a natural teacher and is already comfortable talking to people!
- He played soccer in high school
- He plays the piano pretty well. He played the trumpet for several years in band. Also guitar.
- He loves Hi-Chews (went through a whole 5-pound bag in a week!)
- He is super prepared and relaxed and excited to serve!
That’s about it for now! I will give more details next week!
Elder Samuel Runyan
Pics: Elder Allen and I (Elder Latimer and Syphus are in the back. They are the other elders in Salem.)